N. S. S. AND OTHER EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
N.S.S. Program Officer : Dr. Bharat Vasaiya
N.S.S. Secretaries : Shilpa Parmar
Enrolled no. of students : 327
- Rally on August 9, 2021, from Ravishankar hall, Law Garden to Gujarat College, celebrating Azaadi ka Amrut Mahotsav. 10 NSS volunteers and the Program Officer joined the rally.
- 30 NSS volunteers attended the Flag Hoisting Ceremony at Gujarat University on August 15, 2021 and they were awarded certificates for the same.
- Bhumika R. Besarvadiya (Sem III B Com) and Muskanbanu Sanghi (Sem III BA) were appointed as NSS Ambassadors for the year and their names were sent to the NSS department of Gujarat University.
- 14 NSS Volunteers participated in the lecture at Senate Hall, organized by Gujarat University commemorating the birth anniversary of Shri Zaverchand Meghani.
- 20 NSS volunteers joined the NSS department of Gujarat university in their mission to join the NSS volunteers to help the Traffic Police in managing the traffic.
- Slogan writing, Eco-friendly Ganpati, Drawing Competitions were organized in the college on September 9, 2021 on account of Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav
- 5 NSS Volunteers assisted the Ahmedabad Traffic Police on September 10, 2021 in managing the traffic
- 3 NSS volunteers along with the NSS secretary Trusha Gurung visited the adopted village- Kujad and did a socio-economic survey and did health related activities.
- NSS Ambassador- Muskanbanu Sanghi organized a Covid Vaccination camp at Gomtipur, Ahmedabad on October 2, 2021. 60 persons were vaccinated on the day in that camp.
- NSS Secretary -Shilpa Parmar and NSS Ambassador-Muskanbanu Sanghi joined in the ”Matdaar Sudhaarna Karyakram” along with the BLO as per the orders of the state government on November 28, 2021
- 9 NSS volunteers participated in the flag hoisting ceremony at Gujarat University on January 26, 2022.
- 9 NSS Volunteers visited ACT Foundation – an organization working for the welfare and development of the poor. These volunteers collected funds along with the volunteers of ACT to build a library for the needy people in the Banaskantha district.
- An Orientation Programme was organized for the NSS Volunteers
Date: March 29, 2022
Expert Invited: Shri D. B. Dafda (Associate professor, C. U. Shah Arts College)
SOCIAL INITIATIVES BY STUDENTS
The students have undertaken the task of creating awareness in the following areas:
- Educate the Girl Child
- Save the Environment
- Domestic Violence
- Save Water
- Traffic Rules
The students prepared handouts on all the above given topics and circulated them in the nearby areas spreading awareness amongst the common public.