N.S. S. and Other Extension Activities
N.S.S. Program Officer : Dr. Bharat Vasaiya
N.S.S. Secretaries : Amita Pagi Sem V BA
Trusha Gurung Sem I BA
Enrolled no. of students : 252
- Trusha Gurung was appointed as the Campus Ambassador for NSS in our college.
- 12 NSS volunteers participated in the Independence Day Celebrations at Gujarat University.
- Campus Safaai on October 11, 2018. 45 NSS volunteers participated in the activity to ensure the cleanliness of the campus.
- Orientation Programme for the NSS volunteers was organized on August 24, 2018. NSS Program Officer of City C U Shah Arts College was invited for an expert lecture. 120 NSS volunteers took the benefit of the lecture.
- Campus Ambassador- Trusha Gurung has been performing her duties in Matdaar Jagruti Abhiyaan under the guidance of BLO (Booth Level Officer)
- NSS Program Officer and NSS Volunteers participated in a Marathon organized by the Gujarat Government and the Gujarat University on December 13, 2018
- A Hb Test Camp was organized at Vill: Kujad with the help of PHC Kujad. NSS volunteers joined in the camp and 50 women and girls from the village took the benefit of the camp. Alumnae Hetal Patel has been actively helping the NSS Unit of the college in organizing such camps every year in the villages which are chosen by the college for NSS Camps.
- 8 NSS volunteers and NSS Program Officer participated in a National Seminar on January 19, 2019, organized by S. V. Vanijya Mahavidyalay, Ahmedabad on “Youth for Nation Building”
- 16 NSS volunteers and NSS Program Officer attended the flag hoisting ceremony on the Republic Day at Gujarat University.
- 64 NSS volunteers registered for the marathon organized by Gujarat University on January 27, 2019.
- Campus Ambassador-Trusha Gurung did the entire procedure of registering more than 500 new voters from the college and the nearby locality.
- Conducted Cancer Awareness program (Cervical Cancer and Breast Cancer) and Free Medical Check Up Camp in collaboration with Indian Red Cross Society. This entire program was led by Ms. Trusha Gurung and it was held at Hathijan Village. A large number of people were benefitted through the same.
- Jyoti Gaud helped the students in the preparation of Ma Card and Ma Vatsalya Card. She helped them in filling up the form and submitted those form in the collector’s office for the preparation of the card.
- 5 NSS Volunteers and the NSS Program Officer attended a workshop on Cleanliness Awareness on March 9, 2019
social initiatives by students
The students have undertaken the task of creating awareness in the following areas:
- Educate the Girl Child
- Save the Environment
- Domestic Violence
- Save Water
- Traffic Rules
The students prepared handouts on all the above given topics and circulated them in the nearby areas spreading awareness amongst the common public.
The similar task was done by them during the NSS Camps held at Kujad Village.