N. S. S. and Other Extension Activities
N.S.S. Program Officer : Dr. Bharat Vasaiya
N.S.S. Secretary : Shivani Shinde Sem V BA
Enrolled no. of students : 191
- Participation of 20 NSS volunteers in the Education fair organized by Gujarat University in collaboration with Gujarat Government on June 14, 15 & 16, 2017
- 90 NSS volunteers were sent to Gujarat University for the celebrations of the International Yog Day from June 19-21, 2017
- 22 NSS volunteers remained present at the GMDC ground in the grand celebrations of the International Yog Day Celebrations organised by the NSS department of Gujarat University and Yuva-Sammelan Viramgam. Dt: June 21, 2017
- 5 NSS volunteers along with the NSS Program Officer participated in the Workshop on GST organized by the Gujarati Department of Gujarat University on July 10, 2017
- 11 NSS volunteers participated in the Heritage Walk organized by the Gujarat Government on July 12, 2017after Ahmedabad was declared as the Heritage City.
- Madhuri A Vagh –Sem V BA was appointed as the NSS Ambassador on July 14, 2017
- On July 17, 2017, Matdaar Jagruti Din was celebrated as per the guidelines from the Knowledge Consortium of Guajrat (KCG). An expert lecture was organized and the students were encouraged to spread awareness in their nearby area towards their rights and duty to vote
- The NSS Program Officer participated in the Matdaar Jagruti Karyakram organized by the NSS Department of Gujarat University and Gujarat Government at Senate Hall, Gujarat University on July 24, 2017.
- Following the guidelines on Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, Cleanliness Campaign was initiated in the campus and on August 20, 2017, the students cleaned the entire campus along with the washrooms and library.
- Orientation Programme for the NSS Volunteers was organized on September 14, 2017. Prof. Gopalbhai Lakum from Saraspur Arts-Commerce College was invited as a speaker.
- HB Test of the women residents of Zak village of Dehgam District was held on December 30, 2017. 30 women of the village took benefit of the camp and 7 NSS volunteers along with the Program Officer remained present to help the PHC team.
- The NSS Program Officer and the Technical Expert-Mr. Sanjay Parmar attended the PFMS Workshop organized by the NSS Department of Gujarat University on January 10, 2018
- 12 NSS volunteers attended the Republic Day Celebrations organized by Gujarat University on January 26, 2018
Social initiatives by students
The students have undertaken the task of creating awareness in the following areas:
- Educate the Girl Child
- Save the Environment
- Domestic Violence
- Save Water
- Traffic Rules
The students prepared handouts on all the above given topics and circulated them in the nearby areas spreading awareness amongst the common public.
The similar task was done by them during the NSS Camps held at Medra Village.